home Football Lincoln City 1-1 Wrexham

Lincoln City 1-1 Wrexham

Give us a share?

Dragons let another lead slip away on the road…

What might have been as the Dragons give up another away lead, but at least we do head home with a point from Sincil Bank.
Elliott Durrell had given us a first half lead, when he finished off after good work by Andy Bishop.

It was a double substitution in the second half that brought City back into the game, when Alan Power fired in the equaliser with just seven minutes remaining.

With skipper Dean Keates on the bench for this game, Joe Clarke was handed the captain’s armband, as he partnered jay Harris in midfield.

In their new green shirts, the Welshmen moved the ball around neatly in the early stages, but didn’t really worry Nick Townsend in the home goal.

His only real moment of concern came when Elliott Durrell delivered a long free kick into the Lincoln box and the keeper had to punch the ball behind for a corner.

The Imps should have taken the lead on 15 minutes, when good work by Jordan Burrow on a quick attack, following a Wrexham free kick at the other end, set up a lovely cross for Ben Tomlinson who was free six yards out and had the goal at his mercy.

Andy Coughlin was his toes though and produced a stunning save to deny the City striker and clear the danger.

The England C keeper was also equal to a Arnaud Mendy effort from 20 yards and produced several other saves as the home side stepped up the pace.

Wrexham though took the lead on 34 minutes, when Bishop resisted the temptation to shoot from distance on two occasions and instead split the defence with a pass that set Durrell in on goal.

The former Hednesford forward kept his cool and tucked the ball neatly round the advancing Townsend and inside the far post.

Behind that goal the travelling Wrexham supporters had a great view of the move and thoroughly enjoyed the moment.

The goal had come against the run of play, at that stage, but it also knocked Lincoln out of their stride and we finished the half looking to be the better side.

Ht 1-0 Wrexham

Lincoln drew level when a low shot from Alan Power emerged through bodies and was only spotted late by Coughlin, but too late as it ended up in the corner of the Wrexham net.

More to follow…

Lincoln City: Townsend, Miller, Brown, Audel, Anderson, Newton; Mendy, Nolan, Tomlinson; Burrow, Sam-Yorke. 
Subs: Preece, Power, Ledsham, Caprice, Marshall. 

Wrexham: Coughlin, Carrington, Smith, Hudson, Ashton; York, Harris, Clarke, York; Bishop, Jennings. 
Subs: White, Evans, Keates, Hunt, Holman. 

Referee: Richard Wigglesworth (Yorkshire) 
Attendance: 2,360
Away: 199

Bookings –
Lincoln: Sam-York (40, foul), Tomlinson, Newton.
Wrexham: Hudson (45, foul), Ashton

Read more at http://www.wrexhamafc.co.uk/news/article/report-lincoln-a-14.10.18-2022375.aspx#Qi5OTTQ9q8mRzo1c.99

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *